windows m.e thinks IE5 is IE6

Emperor Penguin 16:32 06 May 03

i just put on a fresh version of my current windows as i have been having a few problems booting up etc. the rescue disk which came with the computer contains Internet Explorer 5 so that is what i now have on there, (i was previously using IE6). i tried putting IE6 on top of it but the system thinks that IE6 is already there. it won't let me uninstall IE6 either as it says some dll maintenence file is missing. only IE6 and outlook 6 appear in the add remove progs list. i have tried cleaning up the registry with reg healer but to no avail. how can i get IE6 back on? thanks in advance for any tips.

VoG™ 17:47 06 May 03

You could get rid of IE altogether click here then install IE6

Emperor Penguin 21:52 06 May 03

i tried the program you suggested and it seems to have deleted too much, now outlook express won't start because it can't load msoe.dll. and some other .dlls are mentioned as missing at boot up. i downloaded msoe.dll and installed it in the system files and the outlook express folder only to find that it is already there. i replaced it in case it was corrupted but the problem persists. just one of those days it seems.

VoG™ 21:54 06 May 03

Is this after you have re-installed IE6?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…