Windows Me Startup disk wipe

Ricktos 08:32 10 Apr 03

I need to wipe a hd running win me. The hard drive contains a virus which stops all programs from being run in windows and doesn't even display any files and the start menu don't work. Using a win me start-up disk I get into dos and start with cd-rom support, the pc loads, but changes the HD into a temp drive that contains system programs, such as fdisk, scandisk, etc. So, when I try to format the hd and reload windows onto it I get an error saying basically that I can't install windows onto this temp drive. Does this usually happen or am I dealing with a very, very advanced virus, what can I do????? Thx all

TECHNODIMWIT 08:44 10 Apr 03

click here

have you tried fdisk?

if you cant get that far above is a good disc wiping tool, but would suggest the last resort

mark

TECHNODIMWIT 08:46 10 Apr 03

if you cant download i can email it to you

mark

Ricktos 09:11 10 Apr 03

Formatting the hard drive isn't the problem, it's the re-instal of windows now! It says that the drive is now a RAMDRIVE called drive C:

keep the suggestions cummin, cheers Tech

Ricktos 08:00 11 Apr 03

I need help ASAP :(

TECHNODIMWIT 08:31 11 Apr 03

Ricktos

is it a full windows disc or a recovery disk you have.

it sounds like you have a problem in the boot sector on your hard drive.

mark

Ricktos 08:37 11 Apr 03

It was created in another computer in Win me via the Create startup disk menu.

TECHNODIMWIT 08:38 11 Apr 03

ricktos

sorry not your flopy but your windows cd

mark

jimv7 08:41 11 Apr 03

find the jumper on the motherboard and reset the bios, the virus could be lurking in the bios.

Ricktos 08:45 11 Apr 03

I hate Win me, I'm using a full version of Win 98 se to do the re-install

Ricktos 08:55 11 Apr 03

???

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…