Windows ME - Stability?

micktrish 10:40 18 Jun 04

Can anybody help with the stability of my machine, poor thing thinks its only got one leg, I built it from bits from here and there and a hard drive running ME..it starts up fine and some programs work, but when I try to do more than one thing it freezes then blows me out,I've tried some optimizers and reg mechs (downloads)but none are any good, anyone with any suggestions?.

Clint2 10:52 18 Jun 04

Try click here as a start point.

micktrish 11:02 18 Jun 04

Thanks, This may take sometime but it looks good...I'll be back.

wotbus@ 15:53 18 Jun 04

I ran Me for a little more than a year and never found it very stable. Problem was it never seemed to lockup as a result of something direct; random, the worst sort. Yesterday it was because I selected IE on the desktop! Good luck with it.

britto 16:22 18 Jun 04

Don't have anything in Startup except, System Tray,Statemgr your Antivirus and Firewall.
Make sure all MS updates are loaded you will probably still get the odd crash but its all part of the exciting ME experience.

micktrish 17:50 18 Jun 04

My thanks to all who helped - clint2 did the trick with a reg mech together with the pc pitstop site which I found helpful...until the next crash - thanks

micktrish 17:50 18 Jun 04

My thanks to all who helped - clint2 did the trick with a reg mech together with the pc pitstop site which I found helpful...until the next crash - thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017