//some 3rd party need geo

Windows Me and Ssyem Restore

I have been running Windows Me without problems since it became available. I have formatted my hard drive and reinstalled Me but now the System Restore will not work. I have checked that this function is not disabled. Does anyone have any idea why it does not now work and have a possible solution. Thanks

MAJ 18:32 26 Feb 03

"....but now the System Restore will not work"

In what way, does it not work, sunflowerUK? Will it not start, or does it start and not do anything? Also, do you have McAfee installed?

jazzypop 18:35 26 Feb 03

Have you been to Windows Update yet? There is a patch to enable system restore points that are created after Sep 2001.

See also click here for other possible causes

When I select a Restore Point my system goes into a restart almost immediately. Once restarted the message says unable to restore, no changes have been made to your computer at this time.

Sorry, I do not have McAfee installed.

dth 19:29 26 Feb 03

assuming that you have already downloading the system restore patch from the windows update website, try disabling system restore and then re-starting it again.

Right click on my computer, select properties, find the trouble shooting page and put a tick in the necessary box. Re-start your p/c and re-enable system restore.

I apologise for not updating the postings. I have tried on numerous occasions to download the update to Me generally, and System Restore specifically, but a critical update (which they say must be installed first as a stand-alone download)will download on my system but will not install - my computer simply freezes. It has been suggested that I have a problem with my hard drive, and it does seem a bit on the slow side lately. Does anyone have any ideas on this or how I may be able to rectify these problems?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…