Windows ME slow

Newuser3068 18:45 10 Jan 03
  Newuser3068 18:45 10 Jan 03

I run Windows ME. It seems to be running slower and slower all the time, and now takes ages to boot up to the desktop.

I have heard that the System Restore function could be responsible for this, because it constantly records details of every change on the hard drive. Can anyone confirm this? If it's true, how do I flush out all the old stuff from System Restore? Is there any way of telling System Restore to only record, say, one week's changes on a rolling basis?

If you have other ideas why Windows is slowing down, I'd be glad to hear them. By the way, I have deleted all temporary files and defragged, without any noticeable change.

wawadave 19:09 10 Jan 03

this link is just what you need to fix m.e

click here how 2 run m.e well ver.4

you may allso want to d/l spybot search and desteroy,update it and run it to remove resource hogging spy ware from your system.
have a grate day

Newuser3068 10:02 11 Jan 03

Thanks for the advice Wawadave. I'll try your recommended link. Could you tell me what Spybot Search and Destroy is, please? Is it something hidden inside Win ME? Where will I find it?

VoG™ 10:12 11 Jan 03

Spybot removes Spyware from your system. You can get it click here

Halmer 11:52 11 Jan 03

click here

and I know all the techies will say that it's no good!!

Newuser3068 14:32 11 Jan 03

Wawadave's link gave me a lot to look at and think about, so I'll end this string now. Thanks guys!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…