Windows ME restart problem

phono 22:28 20 Oct 05

Can anyone suggest why a computer running Windows ME will shut down without a problem but if the option to restart is chosen the computer starts to shut down but then throws up a BSOD with Error number 0E : 0028 : C002F0FD?

The computer then requires a reset and a subsequent scandisk on restarting, the computer is behaving perfectly okay otherwise.

I have done a search on Google for the error number concerned and haven't got a single hit.

phono 00:09 21 Oct 05

Just trying for an answer.

Jak_1 00:11 21 Oct 05

Did you close all running progs first?

phono 00:16 21 Oct 05

Yep, all progs closed, still the same result.

Jak_1 00:26 21 Oct 05

Try here:

click here

DieSse 01:00 21 Oct 05

Have a look through these - click here particularly at the ones 0E : 0028 : xxxxxxxx

DieSse 01:03 21 Oct 05

And these click here

DieSse 01:04 21 Oct 05

I forgot to mention, it's the module name that comes after the error that gives the most clue as to what's going on.

phono 02:41 21 Oct 05

Much apprewciated, will check your links out at the earliest possible opportunity.

Regards, Phono.

phono 23:14 21 Oct 05

I checked out your links and unfortunately they don't apply or work. It is strange that the system shuts down okay and only throws up this error on choosing a restart.

I have deleted temporary files, run checkdisk and defragmented the hard drive, I have also done a scanreg /fix, a full virus and adware/spyware scan, with nothing untoward, and the problem persists.

I even went as far as reinstalling windows over the top of itself and still have the same problem, I suspect that this points to a registry problem as I believe the registry remains intact when this course of action is taken.

It may well be time for a full format and reinstall of Windows.

Has anybody else got any suggestions before I commence this "dreaded" task?

BTW the computer belongs to a friend, I am steering them towards splashing out on Windows XP.

DieSse 20:09 22 Oct 05

Have you got the module name that the error applies to - this is much more useful than the error code.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now