Windows ME recovery/restore

forties 14:12 14 Mar 03

I had a windows ME system! During a system restore my system crashed and left me in a state of unrecovery. I have no recovery cd but I have Symantec Ghost on my second hard drive (dont know how to use this) I reformatted my first hard drive after saving my data to the second one. Then proceeded to install Windows 98 SE. Unfortunately all my drivers seem to be for Windows ME.
Can anyone help please?

Terrahawk 14:19 14 Mar 03

any drivers win 98 cant find you will have to get from manufacturers website or third party download site
like click here

L.H.F 14:25 14 Mar 03

the recorvery/restore funtion is there for show, it is supposed to be a basis for XP, gettin ppl to buy XP it dont wrk properly.

same with update. the whole op sys is a demo for some nice XP functions.

i know coz im doin operating systems at diploma level

MAJ 14:26 14 Mar 03

And when you've re-installed everything to your satisfaction and all is working well, you can learn how to use Ghost if you click here and make your own backup in case disaster strikes again.

L.H.F 14:27 14 Mar 03

for ur driver prob i agree wit terrahawk

forties 07:38 15 Mar 03

Thanks for all your advice folks. After loading Windows 98, when I tried to load the drivers, the first one I tried was for my modem, and unfortuntely that wasnt recognised. I am currently seeking out a windows me cd to start again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…