Windows ME and the Recovery Floppy.

Ex plorer 15:58 27 Mar 06

Hi my Hard drive on my old ME has packed up.
When I purchased this Advent from PC World in 2000 I was given a recovery floppy disk if there was any problems. I used it once in the past and when Ghost came on you took the disk out and it loaded up again or made a repair I think. Well the floppy wont recover the HD.
Is it possible for me to get a ME down load or a ME CD and if so from who where would I have to get in touch. I feel cheated here. I know its six years out of date but thats not the point. I like me old ME.

Ex

Diemmess 16:16 27 Mar 06

I guess the old floppy was merely a startup disk to allow you to repair a damaged ME from data on the HD.

The reality is you have never owned a Windows ME installation CD, only the licence to use what PCW put on the HD.
You should be able to buy something on eBay, but you will also need the Motherboard CD or at least downloaded drivers for the various gizmos that are part of the computer.

It won't be difficult to do this but it cetainly won't be quick!

Diemmess 16:24 27 Mar 06

Re-reading your first. .... You mentioned Ghost
If you have a recent Ghost image stored somewhere (not on the old HD) you should be almost home and dry.

Setup and format the new HD in your computer, then RESTORE the .gho file and you should be away!

A Ghost floppy will boot and manage the restoration for you.

Ex plorer 16:59 27 Mar 06

Hi thanks will try it out and let you know how I get on.
I havent given up on the past help as yet I will keep in touch on that also.

Ex

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…