Windows ME not resetting

Effie 18:57 17 Oct 03

Have a new PC, Motherboard, Asrock K7VT2, Athlon 2400 processor, on board LAN, 256 Ram, AGP is a NVIDIA GEforce4 MX 440 8X.

After installing new software, system will not restart when asked to do so by operating system. What I am left with is a blank screen with a white cursor in the top left hand corner.

The only way to get windows back is to manually press the reset button on the front of my PC.

because I have to press the reset button, tells me that the wiring for the front case is OK.
Is this an operating system glitch on reset?

Can anyone help with the above? Have never used Windows ME before!

User-312386 19:04 17 Oct 03

what software is it?

Joanne_1 19:05 17 Oct 03

When you say new software do you mean motherboard software or another type?

LastChip 19:06 17 Oct 03

Have you loaded the above? They are likely on the motherboard CD that came with the motherboard, or failing that, you can download them. Also, the downloaded version, may be later than the ones provided on the CD.

User-312386 19:08 17 Oct 03

the latest graphic driver from here click here

Effie 22:10 21 Oct 03

Madboy33
After loading ME,then general utilities like AVG, zone alarm, power DVD, Aidad 32 the system never automatically restarted so I dont know if this is software or Hardware related.

Lastchip
We did not configure the new PC, but in our toolbar we have NVIDIA media centre so I presume the drivers will have been installed. Driver window shows up a file version 4.14.10.4403

Sorry for delay in getting back to you all but the forum went down on 17th and we have been abroad with no internet access since then!

LastChip 22:46 21 Oct 03

When you get back into Windows (by whatever method), Right Click My Computer; Properties; Device Manager, and see if you have any Yellow Exclamation Marks. If you have (or not!), please return and give us that information.

Effie 09:48 22 Oct 03

The device Manager shows no Exclamation marks at all, the system run ok apart from the restart.

whatchamacallit 21:28 22 Oct 03

bump

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…