windows me and no previous dates on system restore

PowderKeg 23:35 02 Nov 03

after some useful tips from you guys i had managed to run 'system restore' on my pc (which hitherto has managed to avoid being fully restored)with just one teeny weeny problem ... the only roll back date was the date i managed to do it tuts loudly and angrily>

is there any good reason why this should happen?

packard bell 750 mghz
i-connect
halley mb

gold 47 12:45 03 Nov 03

If i remember system restore does auto clear after a time if i am wrong someone on the forum
will correct me.

PowderKeg 23:51 03 Nov 03

thanks Gold, do you know of a way i can stop that happening or at least find out when it is going to happen..? at least so i can be more prepared

hugh-265156 00:13 04 Nov 03

not sure about ME but i guess its the same as xp in this respect.

increase the hard drive space taken up by system restore to enable more restore points.

start/control panel/system/system restore and drag the slider here.

TOPCAT? 01:11 04 Nov 03

... frustrating at times. I've lost automatic restore points for no apparent reason, causing me to make manual restore points for a few days. Then, normal auto points are made without any help from me. At the moment, I'm getting them each day now.

huggyg71's advice is correct - make sure you are allocating enough space for the restore points, though by default the slider is usually way over on maximum. I have 680Mb allocated, which is fine for my needs.

Not being funny here, but you did check back on the < tab for any October entries? I know of someone who'd forgotten to do that. :o) TC.

gold 47 01:33 04 Nov 03

Follow what huggyg71 has said.

gold 47 01:39 04 Nov 03

I must admit i don't have much faith in system restore it never works for me Go Back is suppose tobe better but i don't like that either when i used it sometime ago it cocked my computer up big time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…