Windows ME and Media Player 9

sam 21:00 09 Aug 03

I have Windows ME and recently I was invited by Microsoft to download the latest Media Player (ie 9). I think it is very good except that I now cannot use my disks containing video tutorials.
They were fine with the older Media Player. Where can I find a copy of the old one or how can I make the new one work properly. - Sam

JIM 21:08 09 Aug 03

A quick reply to find old Media player.
Have a look in the add/remove programs,where you should be able to revert back by uninstalling.

dipsy 22:47 09 Aug 03

Or you could try this click here
I think it's version 7.1 you had before.

hugh-265156 23:41 09 Aug 03

WMP9 should play any disc that the older versions did.what type of video is it?

Ben Avery 00:00 10 Aug 03

I have been informed that Media Player 9 was designed for XP and is not really of much benefit to 2000 users or less. Could anybody clarify this for me as I find it funny that the Windows Update 'Checks your Configuration' i.e. OS and still advises the upgrade?

hugh-265156 00:03 10 Aug 03

click here should be fine with all flavors of windows

hugh-265156 00:07 10 Aug 03

what i found out though was it did not play some movie and game trailers i downloaded in dvix format.i only got sound.i downloaded the free player(without adware)click here and this contains the correct media player now plays them.or i can also use divx if i want to.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…