Windows ME Internet Explorer ?

mjack 11:09 15 Jun 03

Ive just rs installed Winows ME , and don't see internet explorer on my computer ? . And am unable to connect to the web . Can anyone HELP .
(NOVICE) . MANY THANKS ,M JACK.

LastChip 11:19 15 Jun 03

Is it just you don't see a shortcut on your desktop, or is it not appearing under Start; Programs; Internet Explorer?

I don't think it is possible to load Windows ME, without Internet Explorer, as it is an integral part of the operating system. That's what all the fuss has been about recently!

If your simply missing a shortcut, it's easy to re-create a shortcut. Please let us know.

mjack 11:29 15 Jun 03

Internet explorer is not in add/remove programmes, ive got it on a disk but it tries to connect to web , whitch i cannot do , thanks for your interest, M JACK

VoG® 11:31 15 Jun 03

It would be listed as "Microsoft Internet Explorer".

IE is installed by default with ME so it would be very strange if you didn't have it.

LastChip 13:13 15 Jun 03

There are two issues here (at least). One is whether or not you have Internet Explorer (IE) and two, whether you have configured your computer to connect to the internet. These are different issues, though inter-related.

Please check if IE appears as I suggested above (in Programs) and as VoG® says, it should appear in Add/Remove Programs as Microsoft Internet Explorer, although, there have been reports that sometimes this doesn't happen.

Now, taking the second point; have you configured Dial-Up Networking to connect to your Internet Service Provider (ISP)? Without this vital piece of the jigsaw, you will never be able to connect.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

Disney layout supervisor Rob Dressel on the challenges of visualising Moana

Siri vs Google Assistant