Windows ME Freezing problem.

Wrighty 23:11 09 Jul 03

Hi there,

I have a problem with ME which is becoming more frequent. Sometimes on start up the computer screen freeze's this happens quite alot, but when the system finally loads I find programmes just freeze and I have to restart PC. This happens on the Internet as well.

I have a Athlon 1.2GB Processor.

Anyone had any problems like this????
I would appreciate any idea's to try.

Many thanks

Wrighty

LastChip 23:45 09 Jul 03

Boot your machine from cold, but before Windows attempts to load, Press F8 down, until you get a menu screen.

Use the arrow keys to select Item 4, which should be "Step by Step Confirmation", and press "Enter".

Each step of the boot process will be shown, and you will be asked to confirm the action. (This is a long winded procedure!). Do so, but at some point, your machine will freeze (hopefully?), and carefully note what stage you got to.

Please come back with that information, and one of us will try and help you sort out what is causing the problem, but it is very likely a corrupted or incorrect driver.

plug6919c 23:50 09 Jul 03

I had a very similar problem with ME running a Duron 1200, it turned out to be a faulty memory strip. after I replaced it with a better quality one it hasn't happened since.

Wrighty 00:06 10 Jul 03

Thanks i will.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…