Windows Me error.getting BSOD at boot up sometimes

muscic lover 00:13 20 Mar 05

Can anybody tell me what the error code that follows means?? It prevents me from starting my PC until i have re-booted 3 times. I run Windows Me with an otherwise sensible set up. I run Norton antivirus, and various other spyware items and keep all of them up to date.
The error code is:

ERROR: 0D :08EF :0000F7D4

This error has only just started to occur since installing the microsoft critical updates...

Thanks in advance for your help

TOPCAT® 00:43 20 Mar 05

Can you not use System Restore to go back to when it was okay? Then add the critical updates one at a time to see if one causes the error.

I use WinMe and have installed all updates with no problems. I have read that some users have had a problem with the update KB891711. This is listed in Control Panel/Add/Remove Programs and is running at bootup. Cntrl/Alt/Del will show it in the Close Program box.

Extract from click here

"The damn thing messed up my computer. Was in startup items, and caused blue screen errors.
Couldn't get anything done on computer. I unchecked the KB891711 in msconfig, re-started and everything worked ok again."

You can uninstall it via Add/Remove Progs or stop it running from Start/Run/Msconfig/Startup. TC.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…