windows ME - download probs

cristal 10:18 19 Nov 04

I have windows ME, and nothing seems to want to download, the system has just stopped, all i am getting is "not authorised to view this page", can anyone throw some light on this for me please?

§ 11:29 19 Nov 04

cristal have you run your spyware and AV applications? and have you checked your settings in IE?

§ 11:30 19 Nov 04

Also the settings in your firewall?

cristal 12:17 19 Nov 04

yes, i have tried downloading stuff with all spyware, firewalls, etc switched off, and the IE tools - ptions bits right down on lowest possible settings, the pages just wont load

§ 12:25 19 Nov 04

Have you tried an IE repair via Add/Remove programs?

cristal 12:29 19 Nov 04

no, not tried that one, how do i do that please?

mattyc_92 12:37 19 Nov 04

This sounds like your internet connection isn't installed correctly or isn't configured correctly

§ 12:37 19 Nov 04

Start>Settings>Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs>highlight Microsoft IE6>Add/Remove>Repair

JaßîsFaß ˜ 12:38 19 Nov 04

Is it any particular type of file that won't download e.g. an Acrobat PDF?

cristal 14:07 19 Nov 04

Thank you for the fixit solution through add/remove, that worked wonderfully, and i am downloading right now.
Thanks again.

Technotiger 14:40 19 Nov 04

Hi, don't forget to apply the Green Tick now that your problem has been solved. See "It's time" posted by FE.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…