windows me crashed

belgarth_the_sorcerer 22:37 25 Feb 04

Hi I Hope Someone Can Help Me Out,i Recently Bought A P.c With Windows Me On It For My Children,i Got With This A Windows Me Disk When I Got It I Found Some (well Lets Just Say It Wasnt Suitable For Children) So I Tried To Reinstal The Windows On The Disk To Clear It Back To The Origional Windows Yet When I Did This The P.c Crashed , Now Im Left With A P.c That Can Only Be Booted In Safe Mode Can Anyone Tel Me How To Reinstal The Windows Me Disk?? I Dont Have A Floppy Disk All I Have Is A Windows Me Disc i tried to reboot the p.c with the disc in the c drive but it said wrong systems disc!
please help

JIM 22:50 25 Feb 04

May be better for you to follow or print off the following.

click here

then take the link to start from,

click here

text version,to print off.

click here

woodchip 22:56 25 Feb 04

Get a boot disc from click here put a kleen floppy in the drive and double click the download, it will create the boot disc. then start with floppy and type at A:\> format C: so it looks like this

A:\>format C:

then restart with floppy disc and follow instructions to load ME

dazzling (work) 22:58 25 Feb 04

is the disk a win me disk or a recovery disk? not that it makes toomuch diffrence.start up the computer and enter the bios(not sure how much you know here so dont feel as if youve been treat like a child)to get to bios hit del key (usually could b f8)when the black screen with white writing comes up.it may say at bottom of screen hit del to enter setup.once you are there find the boot menu use up and down arrows to navigate enter to select and esc to quit. change the boot order to boot from cd rom save changes put win me disc in cdrom then exit.windows should now install from cd.any problems post back.darren

woodchip 22:58 25 Feb 04

You could also go into BIOS and set the comp to boot from CD as first boot Device then type Format

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…