Windows ME boot disk

moggers 18:17 18 Apr 06

A friend of mine has Windows ME on their PC and it has started 'playing up', so I am thinking of creating a boot disk to try and sort out the problems and may be do a fresh install, the problem is they dont have the CD or any other disks for this O/S, as it was already installed on the PC. Am i right in thinking I can do a fresh install on her PC with just boot disks, or will this just repair any corrupted files already on there and also I can find sites to d/l files for a boot disk but not sure which would be 100% reliable, cant seem to find it on Microsoft??? anyone know of a reliable site to create the disks?
Any help much appreciated :-)

VoG II 18:58 18 Apr 06

click here

BUT you will need a Windows CD as well.

moggers 19:07 18 Apr 06

Yeh but therein lies the problem she doesnt have a Windows ME cd, if im just doing a repair do I still need the Windows CD, or is that just for a fresh install and short of buying one is there any (legal) way of geting one without paying for it (I dont trust P2P sites and am not sure if this is legal anyway......although she does own a copy even if it is OEM)?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…