Windows Me

seagulls 22:57 23 Jul 03

Anyone help with problem installing Chessmaster 9000 on my laptop using Windows Me? Seems to install ok but when I try to run the programme I get the following three error messages and the programme will not open.

1 Error Starting Program The D3D8DLL file is linked to missing export DDRAW.DLL:DdEntry12

2 C:\Program Files\UBISoft\Chessmaster9000\Chessmaster.exe The operating system denied access to the specified file

3 A device attached to the system is not functioning

I had no problems installing this software on my desktop pc running Windows XP Home

VoG II 23:04 23 Jul 03

Get the latest version of DirectX click here

seagulls 07:55 24 Jul 03

Thanks VoG. Will try later today although I am not optimisti as Chessmaster installed DirectX from the installation disk.

seagulls 09:11 28 Jul 03

VoG - Problem now sorted thanks, but only by installing XP (which I was going to do in the future anyway). Had tried to download DirectX but for some reason it would not load and open. Thanks for the suggestion anyway!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…