windows me

BODS 09:06 13 Jun 03

Can anyone please advise on the following
My old pc(Time),the hard drive crashed and had new drive fitted ok
The original disc had installed windowsME o/s and was supplied with back-up disc along with cd-rom for all drivers etc for all hardware. As having problems with winme,installed my orig copy of win98se this loaded ok to the basic windows screen, when trying to install the drivers from above disc for video/graphics/modem these will not load at all can anyone please help

keith-236785 09:28 13 Jun 03

if you know the make/model of the parts you are trying to install drivers for, you could go to thier web site and download the windows98 drivers,

also save these drivers for future reference.

if you dont know the details of the parts then you could download Belarc Advisor click here, install and run, it will tell you the make/model of all the hardware in your computer

write them down and then source the drivers , save them and install them

Another way would be to re-install ME, use the restore disk, then make a note of the hardware, go and find windows 98 versions of the drivers, then format and install windows98 (a longer way round but at least you will get the right drivers)

good luck

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…