windows me

chippy+ 17:38 01 Jun 06

hi my daughter has been given a pc which has a pirate copy of xp pro i would like to remove this i have a legal copy of windows me i know it is not the best os but the processor is only 486 and when i tried it with the xp it is to slow 256 memory is all it can take i have 2 discs a ME boot disc and OS disc the file system on the pc at the moment is ntfs what is the best way to install me thanks Chippy

Genius1 17:45 01 Jun 06

Before you think about installing ME, do you already have it installed (from that disk) on another PC? If so, you are not meant to install it on another PC under Microsoft's license policy.

If you do not have it installed on another PC then go ahead with the installation - maybe another forum member can advise you about this!...

surfmonkey #:@}© 17:49 01 Jun 06

i think the boot disc 1 will allow you to change the drive back to fat 32 then use the 2nd disc os win me to install os.
1 boot from boot disc see what options you get, if you get an a:\ prompt you could use the command at the format c which will wipe drive clean then install os disc by botting from it and installing win me i think.

cream. 18:16 01 Jun 06

The Millenium boot disk won't touch it. Use killdisk click here. This will get rid of the NTFS partition and let you go to FAT.

Terry Brown 20:46 01 Jun 06

I assume that you do not have it running on any other computer, and that you have a ME boot disk.

Set the machine to start from floppy. Put the boot disk in the drive & Re start.type in FDISK and if the hard drive is formatted as NTFS (look at option 4),folow the instruction to delete and then re-format. If you do not have a floppy boot disk, I will be glad to Zip the files and post it to your Email address.

chippy+ 08:37 05 Jun 06

hi Terry thanks got the e-mail sorry about the delay in answering was away the weekend with my grandson everything working ok

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…