Windows MCE/tuner cards

tasslehoff burrfoot 07:41 16 Mar 05

Hi

I am thinking of buying a new CPU which will enable me to buy windows media center edition at the same time.

So I'll need a couple of TV cards. Any recommendations on a) the best place to buy a cpu and MCE

b) the best tv card to buy

Also, I have Telewest and sky, can I plug these boxes into a tv tuner card and record off them?

I went into a well known high street store and asked for a demonstration of MCE yesterday. The guy played a CD for me so I said I'm particularly interested in its PVR capabilities, quality of listings intuitiveness etc and the guy said it can't do that. Can't record TV "but they can do amazing things with software these days so you may be able to get some listings off the internet".

Someone tell me I'm not going mad and MCE does have PVR capabilities. My main reason for wanting it is to supplement (replace? sob!) my TiVo as I have finally come to terms with the fact we will never see a series 2 in the UK.

Many thanks

Tas

tasslehoff burrfoot 18:40 16 Mar 05

bump

tasslehoff burrfoot 22:29 17 Mar 05

Please?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…