Windows may not be genuine message

chub_tor 19:20 06 Jul 10

I have had this message a couple of times over the past month, it seems to be also associated with Microsoft Security Essential which gives a similar message about me having a counterfeit copy and giving me a link to test the validity. Using the link shows that I do indeed have a genuine copy and then everything continues as normal.

Anyone else experieced this recently?

Zeppelyn 19:42 06 Jul 10

Yes I did a few times, same thing basically but it went away after that MSE upgrade last week.

Miké 19:43 06 Jul 10

Yes I have Windows 7 64bit, and have had this message twice recently, mine also re-validates with no difficulty.

Just to confirm I have home edition retail (not oem)

chub_tor 20:55 06 Jul 10

I've not had the message on my Win7 64bit but today it came up for the second time on my Win7 32bit laptop. I'll mark it as resolved but if others have had this I would still be interested to know. I have only ever purchased full retail boxed versions of OS Software, sometimes the Upgrade versions but never OEM and I have found Microsoft very helpful as I move them from machine to machine.

xania 21:13 06 Jul 10

At work, I have the only Windows 7 PC (don't like it - far prefer XP Pro - but perhaps I'll get used to it). This PC is very slow at times and then can give the same warning. However, I just realised today that the PC was set up to NOT download updates, and having changed that I'm loooking forward to some rapid improvements.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac