windows management instrumentation software

the bread 23:27 13 Jul 05

went to SYSTEM INFORMATION got the following" cannot collect information cannot access windows management instrumentation software files may be moved or missing" is there any thing I can do (complete novice)

bertiecharlie 23:44 13 Jul 05

some information click here

the bread 00:04 14 Jul 05

thanks for the link but although I now understand that the service is not on cannot fathom how to start the service up will have to try and figure out thanks again

bertiecharlie 00:22 14 Jul 05

If you go to Start\All Programs\Administrative Tools you should find a Services shortcut there. Alternatively, go to Start\Run and type in services.msc

Right clicking a service will give you Start\Stop options, and Properties where you can set the service to start automatically or manually.

The three services in the link, (Event Log, Windows Management Instrumentation, and Remote Procedure Call (RPC)), should be set to start automatically.

the bread 12:23 14 Jul 05

Hi thanks for info.did everything you said still got the same error but this time when I tried to close the error window got the following:-
an error has occurred in the script on this page
line 60
char 3
error object required
code 0
url hcp//system/sysinfo/msinfo.htm
which is like a foriegn language to me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…