Windows MAILTO:adress can it be linked to a site?

BEN MARSHALL 13:45 11 May 05

Hi i am using postmaster for my email,
when you go onto a site it may have a contact us page with an email by default it opens Microsoft Outlook 2003. This is fine but Postmasher dosen't have a pop3 or smtp server or a http server for email other than its website click here I asked postmaser what they would do and they said we will create a pop3 adress for Gold members by 2007! I was wondering if anyone knew how to alter the mailto: command so as it to goto the postmasters webpage where you send the email! I no this is possable because yahoo have done it with there messenger! please help BEN

LeadingMNMs 21:37 12 May 05

As far as I know this isn't possible, unless you can somehow alter your default e-mail client to point to the postmaster site - I seem to recall that you can set Hotmail as the default client.

pmorff 03:19 16 May 05

The use of the mailto tag is intended to be used for e mailing. If you try and use it for anything else you could confuse any visitors to your website.
Also it is not correct coding.

There are several suppliers of free e mailing services such as Hotmail or if you are with BT talk21.
Why not sign up to one of these.
Having done that you can then expand your website and add forms as well as having a mailto link.

One problem with mailto links and supplying your e mail address, you will get some spam.
Those that send out spam surf the internet looking for new email address's and one way to find them is in the mailto links.
It might be a good idea to have one email address for your website and another for ordinary everyday e mails

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…