Windows mail won't update.

cagey 16:50 21 Oct 08

When I'm running windows mail and press the Send/Receive icon to check for any new messages. The box appears Saying "Checking for new messages, then the error box appears but there no errors listed, but the message at the top of the screen says "Some errors occured while processing the task. Please review the list of errors below for more details". If I exit windows Mail and go into it again any new messages appear. Can some kind person help with this problem?

Technotiger 17:25 21 Oct 08

Possibly a glitch in the Registry, try running click here in its default settings, this might clear it.

cagey 17:48 21 Oct 08

Hi Technotiger, have just installed and ran CCleaner but still get the same problem. Any further help please?

skidzy 18:01 21 Oct 08

What error are codes showing ? if any.

skidzy 18:02 21 Oct 08

Blimey my spelling tonight is awful...sorry.

Should read;

What error codes are showing ? if any.

Technotiger 18:12 21 Oct 08

Although I don't use Windows Mail, I have had a similar thing happen very occasionally with my email program (Incredimail), I have got rid of the error message by simply re-setting my normal Account by going to Tools>Accounts and re-entering all the details again.

cagey 18:29 21 Oct 08

Hi skidzy, I did say in my original post that there aren't any error codes shown, the box is empty. Any suggestions?

skidzy 18:54 21 Oct 08

I asked simply for the fact of the way the post was made.

"the box appears Saying "Checking for new messages, then the error box appears but there no errors listed, but the message at the top of the screen says "Some errors occured while processing the task. Please review the list of errors below for more details""

I rightly or wrongly assumed you had errors listed,sometimes you may need to expand the box to show the error codes.

To me it sounds like the program is not loading correctly.
Maybe Techno has the right idea here.
Remove the account and setup again.

But take note of the settings first.IE...Tools/accounts/properties/servers

If you have logon using secure authentic password,untick this and apply and ok...restart Windows Mail.

cagey 19:51 21 Oct 08

skidzy, carried out above procedure, but still get same result, ie "Some errors occured while processing the task. Please review the list of errors below for more details", the error box appears but there is nothing in it.

cagey 22:34 21 Oct 08

Is there anyone who can help me please?

brundle 22:40 21 Oct 08

Are you running Vista with SP1? I gave up using Mail when I first got Vista (pre Service Pack 1),Mail itself and the calendar often crashed - SP1 seemed to fix the problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple