Windows mail will not send Vista Ultimate

caast©? 22:52 18 Jul 08

Please can someone help me out here. I have Windows Vista Ultimate on my PC and laptop networked. I have mail accounts with oneandone internet. I use Windows mail to send and receive messages. I have never had any problems with mail until recently when I cannot send mail (create mail) anymore on the PC.
I receive mail no problems, I can forward mail no problems I just cannot create mail using Windows mail. My laptop is set up exactly the same yet I have no problems sending or creating mail. If I want to send a mail I have to either connect the laptop to the network, and use that or use oneandone’s webmail.
I use Avast (registered) on the PC but do not have it on the laptop. I have searched the web (google) and found similar problems but no-one seems to have a solution. I have used other forums but have not been able to resolve as yet.
I have recently ran RegMechanic, RegCure, Adaware, SpyBot, and Avast Done a system restore to furthest back I could, and tried again before downloading updates again. Changed the SMTP port and even spoke to Tech support at oneandone. Unfortunately they were in the Philippines so I did not get very far with them after spending 35 mins trying to get to the bottom of this. Nothing I do will resolve the problem with the PC.
I feel it must me a software problem, as the laptop works just fine with the same updates and e-mail settings and accounts. The main thing I cannot understand is why I receive mail, can forward mail on, but if I click on create mail or right click on a contact and try to create mail on my PC I get the pop up Windows mail has stopped working, and the pop up an error occurred while attempting to invoke the default e-mail program.
Has anyone out there had this problem? And can you offer a solution? M

woodchip 23:01 18 Jul 08

Running things like Cleaners and reg Mechanic Can do more harm than good by doing just what as I think happened, its removed things that windows as setup and stopped it working.

You could try

SFC /SCANNOW in the run box this should look for missing and corrupt files

caast©? 23:21 18 Jul 08

Thanks woodchip
will give it a go, I left a little more information here than in CT forum or you would have advised me earlier eh. M

caast©? 23:33 18 Jul 08

Just the same

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now