Windows mail stuck

cagey 10:00 24 Apr 09

I am trying to download my emails, it says that I have 9 to download, but it appears to be be stuck on downloading the first one, the message says " Checking for new messages on pop3.blueyonder.co.uk."
Receiving message 1 of 9.
On the progress bar, the green sector has moved about 5% in half an hour.
so until this one completes (estimate about 10 hours) I can't open any others.
Is there any way I can delete or skip this email and open my other emails?

OTT_Buzzard 11:51 24 Apr 09

Try accessing through webmail if you have it. You should then be able to at least see what the email is that's taking its time. It may be that the servers are very busy or that it's an enormous email.

Graphicool1 11:55 24 Apr 09

I've had this sort of thing in the past. My solution was to close down the email programme totally. If that doesn't work, reboot. It may be spam.

cagey 11:57 24 Apr 09

How do I access through webmail. My ISP is Virgin.
Further to my 1st posting, the green progress bar doesn't appear to have moved (now well over 2 hours).

cagey 12:41 24 Apr 09

Hi OTT_Buzzard, I have managed to clear whatever was causing the problem. I have another computer with Win XP, so I opened the Microsoft Outlook email prog. it downloaded all outstanding emails and opened them ok. I have now come back to my Vista computer, restarted it and Windows mail appears to be OK. I sent an email to myself and it was sent and received successfully. I hope the problem is now resolved. Thanks for your reply.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…