windows mail problems

bobatnorthway 11:03 20 Apr 08

I have windows mail/vista home. I am continually running into probs with emails via windows mail, I have a talktalk account, but had the same issues whilst with tiscali, w/m fails to open or fails to send, messages get stuck i out box etc. usually have to reboot computer, I have tried various utilities without success & I dont like the fuss of incredimail any clues how I can repair please.

howard64 11:08 20 Apr 08

are you using Hotmail? if so go direct to hotmail and use that.

Pineman100 11:27 20 Apr 08

Could it be your internet connection that's at fault (in other words your connection to your modem, your modem's connection to the phone line, or the phone line itself)?

If you use a browser to do a bit of surfing, do you experience any problems doing that?

BurrWalnut 11:41 20 Apr 08

Some common antivirus programs can cause ‘stuck mail‘ problems.

This works for the other mail boxes as well as Outbox click here You may still have to delete the stuck message after applying the fix. Remember where the fix is as you are likely to need it again.

iscanut2 12:07 20 Apr 08

Do a Google search re Stuck Mail..lots of articles etc that may be of help.

iscanut2 12:09 20 Apr 08

This might also help click here

FreeCell 13:07 20 Apr 08

The common problem with Vista Windows Mail and stuck emails usually affects the Inbox. With this problem mails cannot be deleted. Downloading SP1 for Vista is known to fix this problem. Try it.

Mails "stuck" in the outbox could be problems with the ISP not allowing mails to be sent.

bobatnorthway 14:18 20 Apr 08

Thank you for all your suggestions, I will work my way through them and report back if succesful thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…