Windows Mail Problem ????

alanstan 20:19 04 Oct 11

Can anyone help?? I have gone onto my Windows Mail tonight and a box has come up asking for a username and password, I have used Windows Mail for years but do not remember ever having a username/password, I have tried a down load which brings up all your passwords stored on the pc but leaves out the last few letters so you know what it is,

But there is NO Windows Mail on there, I can send mail but not receive any,

Terry Brown 20:29 04 Oct 11

I have never heard of a mail system that has no security email adresses or passwords,

Whgo is your ISP (i.e. Virgin,BT,Sky etc)

Terry

isca2 20:33 04 Oct 11

Are we talking about the username and password used to set up the Pop3 & SMTP servers with your ISP or a username and password for the actual mail program itself ?

alanstan 21:01 04 Oct 11

Yes it is the username/password used to set up POP3/SMTP but it has been so long since I set it up I cannot remember, I am on Cable/Virgin

Woolwell 21:55 04 Oct 11

In my experience this usually means that Windows Mail has been unable to access the e-mail servers which may be temporarily down and usually clears itself. In the meantime check that you can access your e-mails by webmail.

You will need to know your e-mail name and password to access webmail.

Stuartli 22:17 04 Oct 11

Make sure you allow Windows Live Mail to initialise after opening it.

isca2 11:50 05 Oct 11

You will need to ask your ISP for a reminder re username and password if you cant remember. If you look at your router set up, this info should have been set on the router.

lotvic 12:26 05 Oct 11

Download the Free SIW (System Information for Windows) from MajorGeeks and run it and then look under Passwords, it gives the full info

chub_tor 12:31 05 Oct 11

You can retrieve forgotten usernames and passwords from Virgin Click Here for instructions

lotvic 12:47 05 Oct 11

This might be a better link version to download from SnapFiles have a look at the screenshot and you can see the entry for Passwords is there to click on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…