windows mail errors when connecting

patso 22:03 17 Jul 09

I am getting this error message when windows mail is connecting and trying to send mail.An unknown error has occurred. Subject your phone ok ', Account: 'mail.eircom.net', Server: 'mail.irishbroadband.ie', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 click here for more information.', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC69
is it a server problem or any ideas please.

lotvic 00:26 18 Jul 09

Your 'click here' leads to:

"Exploits Block List
The Spamhaus Exploits Block List (XBL) is a realtime database of IP addresses of hijacked PCs infected by illegal 3rd party exploits, including open proxies (HTTP, socks, AnalogX, wingate, etc), worms/viruses with built-in spam engines, and other types of trojan-horse exploits.
If your IP address is listed by the XBL, see the XBL FAQs for solutions"

""Information on this page is for ISPs and mail server administrators.
DNS-based Blocklists (DNSBLs) such as the Spamhaus XBL are designed only for use on mail servers.""

so without further details about your system I would start running your Antivirus, Malware & Spyware programs as it sounds as if your pc is infected and the server has blacklisted your IP address as it thinks you pose a risk of some sort.
I would make sure your pc is clean and then contact your ISP

patso 02:22 18 Jul 09

thanks lotvic. just checked again and seems to be working ok now, it seems eircom are causing all the problems as when there is a fault with their site windows mail cant connect. i am goiing to get on to them as i have enough of their site being down, this is happening every day with them. I am going to use an alternative email in future, all my av is up to date and i use windows defender and AVG. both have found nothing, thanks for the reply

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5