windows mail

MJS WARLORD 15:08 22 Jul 13

I use windows mail ( not the live mail version ).When i send an email with a photo attached , the program has suddenly started to put a massive photo that is the same as the attachment , on the end of the text. i think this is called an open attachment. How do i stop the photo being added to the end of text. This never used to happen.

Ventad 21:03 22 Jul 13

Instead of attaching it as a photo try attaching as a file, click on file then when the box opens up navigate to pictures and click on photo the you want it should upload to above your main writing area. Do this again if you want to send more than one photo.

MJS WARLORD 21:27 22 Jul 13

Ventad , i think you misunderstand my problem , i DONT want pictures in the main body of my email i only want to send them as an attached item.

Ventad 21:37 22 Jul 13

That is what you will get, you will not actually see the pictures the pictures will be uploaded as a file attachment above your main writing area, the recipient will then have to open them/download them and save. If you have another email account try doing it and send an email to yourself then you will see.

MJS WARLORD 22:04 22 Jul 13

Hi Ventad, i have found a way to STOP photos being put in the main part of an email. Put the photos into a folder then right click and choose send to zipped folder. Now attach the zipped folder to the email. You may wonder why i want to stop pictures being in the main part of the email , well its simple , if a virus gets onto a pc and infects your photos you can unknowingly send somebody the virus.This is because photos in an email are technically called open attachments and these can carry viruses.

Ventad 10:36 23 Jul 13

MJS-WARLORD

Yes there was always a zip file but some people have problems opening them or knowing what to do with them, but this was not really what you were asking for:-

"a massive photo that is the same as the attachment , on the end of the text. i think this is called an open attachment. How do i stop the photo being added to the end of text. This never used to happen."

I gave you the easiest way of doing what you asked for , it was giving you the way that you would have sent them previously NO actual photo, you had to open the file or save and download the file and open it to see the photo.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…