Windows Mail

dave24 14:09 16 Oct 08

When I try to download my email, a window appears asking for my username and password. On entering that information, the window closes and then reappears asking for the info again. This can be repeated for anything up to 6 times, even though the box "Remember my credentials" is ticked. What can I do to avoid this?

BurrWalnut 15:52 16 Oct 08

Try this:
Close Windows Mail.

Using Windows Explorer, navigate to the hidden folder C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Protect and press Enter. Now right-click and Rename the long folder name by appending OLD to it.

Open Windows Mail. It will ask for your password again but check the box that says ‘Remember my password’ and it should only ask this once.

dave24 16:31 16 Oct 08

That search gives me a message "Windows cannot find ..."!

BurrWalnut 17:01 16 Oct 08

It's not a search and I said it's a hidden folder, so 'unhide' files in Folder Options.

mfletch 19:33 16 Oct 08

Are you sure you are entering the correct user name and pass word {case sensitive}

dave24 11:47 18 Oct 08

BurrWalnut - Remember that this is an Absolute Beginners forum! Where do I find Folder Options?
mfletch - I did wonder, but as all works well after entering my Username and Password after a while - usually at about the 6th attempt - this does not appear to be the problem.

BurrWalnut 13:57 18 Oct 08

Double-click Computer > Press the Alt key > Tools at the top > Folder Options > View Tab and put a checkmark in ‘Show hidden files’ ans untick ‘Hide extensions of ….’, click Apply, OK etc.

You should now to able to see 'Hidden' folders and files.

BurrWalnut 13:58 18 Oct 08

In the above, for 'ans' read 'and'.

Honorary Aussie 22:44 19 Oct 08

I'm suffering from a loss of direct access to e-mail folders. I have unhidden them so I can access via Windows Explorer but I can't get them back into the menus in Mail by any means I try. Any clues?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…