Windows Mail.

superhoops 12:22 09 Aug 08

Hi All
I had a problem with Thunderbird refusing to send mail on my laptop (although worked fine on the desktop). This appears to have corrected itself somehow. Whilst I was having probs with Thunderbird I thought I would try Windows Mail for the first time ever.
What a mistake that was, despite checking the settings many many times it consistently kept asking for the user name and password. I had to type it in about 4/5 times before finally it would accept it. I had the " remember the details" box ticked on the box where you enter your details and also in the account settings but it would never remember it. So it not only doesn't remember your details but most the time it doesn't even recognize them as correct.
I am now using Thunderbird again as it does appear ok now, but would be interested in a solution for the Windows Mail problem for possible future use. I googled but although it appears a common problem the answer was normally that it doesn't work with Norton AV. Which I don't use, I have AVG. Cheers for any replies

tullie 12:29 09 Aug 08

Sorry,cant help,i use Windows Live Mail all the time without any problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5