Windows lve mail

Andsome 12:40 05 Sep 09

I am trying out Windows live mail. When I open it up, all new messages arrive OK. When it is already open however, I cannot see where to click to check for new messages which may be waiting on the server. What am I missing? There is no send/receive button as in Outlook Express. I have sent an e mail to MS about this apparent omission, and received an automated reply with an incident number. I saved this in My Documents. However, when I click on it to open it, the actual message flashes up for an instant and then a web page opens, and I can no longer see the incident number. Are MS deliberately trying to annoy us?

mfletch 12:46 05 Sep 09

Right click at the top then click on toolbar

VoG II 12:49 05 Sep 09
  Newuser939 12:52 05 Sep 09

In my Windows LiveMail, the old Send/Receive now seems to be called "Sync"

mfletch 12:55 05 Sep 09

Sorry my reply is for Windows mail.

Try right click at the top then customize toolbar

A window will open with options add or remove what you want or don't want

Andsome 13:01 05 Sep 09

There is nothing to click on at the top, and no way that I can see to customes any tool bars. I still think MS are out to annoy us.

mfletch 13:05 05 Sep 09

Can you see

File/Edit/View/Tools/Actions/Help

At the top

Click on view customize toolbar

VoG II 13:08 05 Sep 09
  Andsome 13:09 05 Sep 09

I have checked that and found CUSTOMISE, but there is nothing in there which says check for new mail

mfletch 13:11 05 Sep 09

In mine there is a "send and receive" option

Andsome 13:17 05 Sep 09

Are you sure that you are talking about Windows live mail. I have a send button in new mail but no where can I see a receive new mail button. I can set the program to check for new messages every so many minutes, but NO WHERE can I click on receive all as I could in Outlook express.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…