Windows Longhorn

mixtrix 10:24 02 Mar 03

Does anybody know where i can download a working beta version for windows longhorn alpha

fogg 10:26 02 Mar 03

Yeh, go to click here

mixtrix 10:57 02 Mar 03

not the theme thew actuall os

Andÿ 11:05 02 Mar 03
  Forum Editor 11:21 02 Mar 03

there are no public betas of Longhorn available for download. The link provided by Andÿ offers an unofficial alpha version, and I don't recommend that you download and install it if you want any kind of a stable system. Longhorn is being developed to work with new hardware components that aren't available yet, and although it will function on older hardware you'll not be able to use some of the newer features. It will probably be another 18 months or so before we see Longhorn in all its glory, and by then it won't be called Longhorn any more.

-pops- 11:42 02 Mar 03

Downloading ANY modern Windows operating system will take an awful long time - even on broadband.

I am certain that when a version that it suitable for the "outside world" comes available there will be plenty of publicity about it and you may even be able to get a free evaluation copy, as was done with XP.

Alpha versions and early beta versions are always very buggy and not suitable for anything other than evaluating the system. It's rare that you can do anything useful with them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…