Windows Logo testing??

DW9047 18:58 04 Aug 03

Trying to install new Software, Pinnacle PCTV Rave, on Windows XP. Error message during installation is :- Software installing has not passed logo testing to verify its compatibility with windows XP. The box states that it is for XP etc. Is there a Web site to download software from?

Cheers

Forum Editor 19:17 04 Aug 03

aren't prepared to go through the process (and cost) involved in having their product certified as compatible by Microsoft, although they may well have tested the software thoroughly in Windows XP.

If the manufacturer states that the software will run in a particular Operating system you are usually (although not 100%) OK to go ahead and ignore the dire warning you get from Windows XP. It's very rare for problems to occur, but there is a slight risk, so proceed with caution.

DW9047 19:27 04 Aug 03

Yes, I have continued to install, ignoring the warning, but it did not complete the install and re-booted the PC!.
Is there a website I can download something to fix this or are you saying this product will not work on XP.

DW9047 21:50 04 Aug 03

Does anybody know if I can get this product to work on Windows XP.

Geoff_T 22:00 04 Aug 03

click here

This link is for the software downloads for the PCTV Rave - the top one says it is for XP so I presume that means the product does run on XP.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…