Windows Logo on the logon Screen

Bob The Nob 11:47 29 Mar 04

Can I change the windows logo on the Windows 98 Logon Screen? If so how?

V1PER 11:57 29 Mar 04

if your talking about the logo screen this is usually stored in logo.sys in the root directory but also a proagram called winlogo changer could be useful for you this can be downloaded at
click here

hope this helps!

Bob The Nob 12:03 29 Mar 04

No, I mean the screen where you have to enter a password to logon, there is a windows logo & I think you can change it, how?

temp003 12:33 29 Mar 04

You mean you're not happy with changing the background picture, but what appears on the actual dialogue box/prompt for logging in?

temp003 12:38 29 Mar 04

If that's what you want, it sounds like a job for "Resource Hacker", and edit the dialog box - don't try unless you know what you're doing. It's not going to be an easy job.

Bob The Nob 12:49 29 Mar 04

I don't know what I am doing, please help!

colberly 12:59 29 Mar 04

If this is what you mean go to Start, settings, control panel and click on display and you can remove the windows logo if you want. I have mine set to 'none' Which displays a blank screen.

Bob The Nob 13:10 29 Mar 04

No, you know the family logon screen, there is a windows logo which I would like to change.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 13:44 29 Mar 04

It can be done but if it is done wrong the system wont boot and u may have to reinstall windows to put it right,i only tried it once a long time ago and although it did boot the logo screen was mishaped and luckily i was able to restor it,up to you click here

Regards.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…