windows login name

muligan 02:21 12 Feb 04

Hi there, i'm running xp home and would like to know if i can change the login name , i'ts the name you enter when first starting to use windows.I made the mistake of entering the first name that came into my head, not having ever used a pc before . I managed to set everything up myself,which i'm quite proud of and it runs ok no problems YET just that darnd name .someone please help . thanks in advance.
by the way i'm over 60!

temp003 05:15 12 Feb 04

XP Home - you can change the name which appears on the Welcome screen, but you cannot change the actual name of the user account (so that if you click the Users tab in Task Manager, the old name will still be there, and the user folder under C:\Documents and Settings folder will still be called the old name). Sorry, I'm sure this sounds confusing.

click here

y_not 05:45 12 Feb 04

Go to Start>Control Panel>User Accounts>Change an Account [select the account name you have a problem with] >Change my Name

This will allow you to alter the spelling ect.

Hope it helps

Tony

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…