windows login failure

rupie 12:11 31 Jul 03

Have got pc running win 2000. Was all ok. Put in second hard drive to us as backup. When booted up pc it saw the drive but due to a error I had to reboot to correct error. When I rebooted the computer will not let me get past the 2000 login screen. When I put in my usual administrator password the screen goes blue for afew seconds and then asks me again. I cannot get any further than this. The details are correct because if i have a typing error then is says that my password is not correct. If I remove the second drive then the same thing happens. some settings have been corupted. I cannot boot in safe mode or last good config. I did get into dos at one point and partitions d and e of the first hard drives are not recognised

Help Me

Rupie

Lú-tzé 14:04 31 Jul 03

Can you boot from the Win2k CD and try a repair / reinstall?

Lú-tzé 14:09 31 Jul 03

click here for more info on the Repair Console in Win2k

rupie 14:16 31 Jul 03

I have run The repair function, run offf the 2000 setup disks and ther is no difference. I do not know what to do with the repair console

Lú-tzé 15:26 31 Jul 03

Do you have data on the drive that you need? If not, I would suggest that you reformat and re-partition the HDD again.

If you do have data you need, then wait for some more info to come through from other users.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…