Windows Log in Loop

Jai 21:14 25 Sep 05

I am running Win XP Pro,A2,SpyBot,Spyware Blaster,Ad-Aware, AVG. Switched on today & got the startup screen & was asked to log on (not usual at all). Clicked my name & the computer went back to log on screen. This is a constant loop. Is there a quick fix? I had no luck with safe mode; last good installation etc. etc. the screen was the same. I ended up using the recovery/repair option from earlier tips. However this is nearly a format, as all my programs need re-installing & I am back to pre-SP1. What is the best way to update nowadays? THX

Chegs ® 21:38 25 Sep 05

Sounds like you've had Auto Updates switched on and your PC has d/l'ed .Net update.This is the likely cause of the login screens appearance.Its possible to disable this login with Start/Run/control userpasswords 2,but dunno how you would do this from "outside" windows(not off the top of my head anyway)

Eric10 22:24 25 Sep 05

Since you have XP Pro you can get a classic login box by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del twice at the login screen. Type Administrator as username and the admin password. If you haven't set an admin password then it may just be blank. Once logged in as Administrator you can change any passwords etc.

VoG II 12:33 26 Sep 05

click here and scroll down to 'Unable to logon to Windows after removing BlazeFind using a spyware removal utility?'

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…