Windows lock up - again!

Mike-287412 13:31 11 Dec 04

I am running WinME on a 2800GHz Athlon and just recently the whole thing just freezes. I have done a Norton System Scan and it found a spyware - webhdll.dll but it could not delete it as it was in C:\windows. So I went into DOS and took it out. Now a programme called Ccapp causes a fault in the kernel32.dll and I cannot access email or Internet though it logs onto my ISP OK and both explorer and Outlook load.
What is this Ccapp and where can I get webhdll.dll to put back in.
This is a really big problem!!

Thank for your help all

VoG II 13:36 11 Dec 04

ccapp is Norton click here

Try uninstalling and reinstalling.

Mike-287412 13:40 11 Dec 04

Thanks VOG. So the stupid thing identified itself as Spyware??

VoG II 13:43 11 Dec 04

No, webhdll.dll is spyware and you don't want it back. Try a "repair" of Norton. If that doesn't fix your connectivity try WinsockFix click here

Mike-287412 14:01 11 Dec 04

This just gets better - Now Norton will not uninstall, using either the disk of add/remove programmes. Just says it is an error. I guess I will have to go to Norton on another machine

VoG II 14:07 11 Dec 04

Depending on your version of Norton click here=

Mike-287412 18:38 11 Dec 04

Hi VoG, thanks but that didn't work - see my latest posting about the scam of Norton Support.
I guess I will just have to buy McAfee or something.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…