windows loading problems

jay2125 15:17 02 Jul 07

I just got my new built computer up and running, finished the bios setups, and now i had started to install the windows XP OEM CD. it started loading the files during setup, then when it tried to load the windows, i got the blue screen. so i restarted my computer, and after exiting bios, i would get a black screen with a blinking white dash mark in the top left hand corner and it would not do anything else. I dont have the OPK tools , so i didnt use them when i installed the OS. could not having the tools be the problem? any suggestions?

*ASUS P5LD2 mobo with pentium 4 640 prescott 3.2Ghz LGA775 WD cavier 160GB SATA, MSI NVidia GeForce 7600GS*

alan2273 16:27 02 Jul 07

Are you trying to load the OS onto a SATA drive?.

alan2273 16:31 02 Jul 07

Ignore the above post, I just noticed you said it was a SATA drive.
When you started to load XP somewhere along the process it asks you to press F6 to load SATA & Raid drivers, did you load them?.
These drivers are normally on a floppy.

alan2273 16:35 02 Jul 07

Just a thought if you have not got the SATA drivers, they are normally on your motherboard driver CD and need to be copied to a floppy.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…