Windows Live (TM) Messenger

Steve Mat 22:14 29 Aug 06

On starting my pc tonight, Messenger automatically started as usual but the following message came up. The site link does not work:

Important service announcement: Because of a recent system update, you must change the e-mail address that you use to sign in to Windows Live(TM) Messenger. Until you change your e-mail address, you won't be able to use Windows Live(TM) Messenger.

To change your e-mail address and find out more about this system update, go to click here

Any ideas? I've already done a search of the Microsoft site.

johnnyrocker 22:31 29 Aug 06

sounds like a poss virus to me, have you ran a scan and also malware and anti spy?

johnny.

Steve Mat 22:37 29 Aug 06

Hope not as have Firewall & Antivirus (updated nightly) but will run a scan just in case.

Steve Mat 21:38 31 Aug 06

No virus found but run Adaware & Spybot as well.
On re-starting the computer, the problem has gone away

jimv7 21:45 31 Aug 06

Within messenger, Tools/options/file transfer tick the box for anti-virus and browse to your virus, say ok, and you will have the protection of your anti-virus scanning any downloaded files/attachments from within messenger.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…