Windows Live Photo Gallery Problem on Vista

mooly 08:20 16 Jan 11

More a quirk than a real problem. I am running Vista HP 32 bit.

I added WLPG from the MS Live Essentials optional update... just WLPG, nothing else. It works great and I like the program.

If anyone is using WLPG it would be good if you could confirm this... and even if your using it on W7 perhaps.

One strange problem...
I search for a picture by using Vistas search/run box (the orb) and then I left click the picture file. What happens is that it appears to open WLPG for about half a second (I see the WLPG Loading screen) and then immediately get the Windows "Failure" sound and I am returned to the desktop.
Any pictures opens normally from the picture folder or from WLPG.
Those same pictures open if I repeat the first step but right click and choose "open", it then opening with WLPG as normal.

However using the searchbox is a valid route and it should work. I just suspect this is a peculiarity of the program when added to Vista.

The Vista install is fully updated ,SP1 and SP2 and has not been tweaked with reg cleaners etc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…