Windows Live Photo Gallery problem

ds7183 12:16 22 Feb 10

Hi
I am using Windows Live Photo Gallery but when I connect my camera to the computer it doesn't automatically upload the photo's to WLPG. Even when the Windows box comes up and asks me what I want to do, click on send photos to WLPG nothing happens. I have been into Options and done the necessary, where to put the photo's but not having any luck.
Can anyone help with this please?

Graphicool1 15:32 22 Feb 10

Try downloading the photo's in your camera to a file on your PC. Then transfer the photo's fom there to 'Windows Live Photo Gallery'

ds7183 17:26 22 Feb 10

Thanks Graphicool1. I know I can do it that way but thought there must be a way to do it straight into Windows Live Photo Gallery. Even if I click on the open to view in WLPG nothing happens. It's very odd?

Graphicool1 15:15 23 Feb 10

Have you registered with 'Windows Live'?

ds7183 18:38 23 Feb 10

I must have because I have loads of photo's in there which I imported from Adobe and I can log in

Graphicool1 10:37 24 Feb 10

Ok I've downloaded WLPG, I'll give it a go and post my findings on this thread. I'll try without registering first. As I don't really want to have to register! As the only time I share my work is when people pay!

Graphicool1 12:59 24 Feb 10

...and managed to do it without registering or logging on. Before I tell you my findings I have a question...
Have you uploaded pictures from your camera directly to the PC before this?

Because I had absolutely no problem, the following is how it went, step-by-step.

1 - downloaded and installed the programme WLPG
2 - Ran the said programme
3 - Connected my camera to the PC and switched it on - in that order.
4 - Clicked on 'File' top of the page on the left
5 - In the drop down menu I clicked 'Import from a camera or scanner'
6 - A pop-up menu showed me the camera file
7 - I clicked on it to open it and see my pics
8 - I was then offered one of two choices...
'Review, organise and group items to import'
and/or
'Import all new items now'

As I said before, no problem as easy as 1 - 8

9 - Optional. Uninstalling the said programme¦¬)

ds7183 14:35 24 Feb 10

Hi
Yes I have uploaded pictures from my camera to PC many times and not had a problem.
I will proceed the way you have explained.
Thank you very much for your time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…