Windows Live One care how good is it?

ACOLYTE 19:27 25 Dec 08

Got my son a laptop for xmas,we got a 2 year subscription to Live one care,has anti virus/firewall and all the bells included,was just wondering how good it is, usually i use avast and sygate for protection plus other things for adawre.spyware.I know it is already paid for but i have never used it always relied on tried and trusted things that i know,anyone have any experience with this app?

iscanut2 19:55 25 Dec 08

Hate to tell you but Microsoft are pulling the plug on Live next year sometime, by the middle of the year I think. They are proposing to issue a free Internet Security suite in it's place. Perhaps someone else has more details.

iscanut2 19:56 25 Dec 08

See this article...click here

chub_tor 19:57 25 Dec 08

It's an excellent programme and the only reason that Microsoft are pulling it is because it didn't sell well.

birdface 19:58 25 Dec 08

Some like it some don't.There is talk of it being replaced.But if you have paid for it.you are as well trying it.You can always remove it later.Now this is a handy free program for removing unwanted programs on new computers and its free. click here

ACOLYTE 12:48 28 Dec 08

Thx,i have installed it,as it is paid for may as well use it while we can,ty all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…