Windows Live Messenger using voice

tonyq 15:31 18 Jan 07

Having just bought a webcam (Logitech Quickcam Messenger) and set it up to use on MSN Windows Live Messenger (Lastest update),to talk via text to my son at Uni. The webcam as a microphone,If both webcams have a microphone,should we be able to converse using voice.I have tried the help files on Windows Live Messenger,on how to do this or if I even can, but cannot make sense of them. Could some one tell me if it is possible and if so,how I go about it.

birdface 16:25 18 Jan 07

If the webcams have microphones I see no reason why you cant talk to each other,If one of you press start or stop a video call,And the other person accepts the call,It should work ok.

bruno 18:17 18 Jan 07

I have the same webcam and have used it a lot in the way you want.It is very successful on broadband but was poor on dial-up.I have not used it since updating to the latest version of Messenger,but I see no reason why it should change.

tonyq 13:06 19 Jan 07

buteman/bruno thank you for your advice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…