windows live messenger something in the background

gaslamp 20:24 PM 06 May 12

Hello. I have the latest version of windows live messenger 2011 15.4.3555.308. I am up to date with everything. Vista 32bit Athlon II dual core.

Live messenger has something running behind the scenes, mouse pointer blue circle. I have Microsoft webcam MX1000. Messenger sometimes stops working and on 2 occasions a solution is available, IMinent has stopped working update to IMbooster, or similar words.

I have done scans with Spybot, live essentials safety scanner, microsoft security essentials. But nothing has been found. I have a couple of custom emoticons but have had them a long time without any problems.

I have run repair on live messenger. Uninstalled and reinstalled. but the problem still persists

I am not sure what else to try. Please can you help?

northumbria61 14:40 PM 07 May 12

It is not harmful even if it is irritating. The safest way to stop these errors is to uninstall the application.

See here enter link description here

gaslamp 19:58 PM 07 May 12

I fixed the problem....modem/router reset. Easy as that

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites