Windows Live Messenger problem

Meshuga 20:23 04 Dec 06

I have downloaded the new Windows live messenger and every time I bootup I get the icon in the task bar even though I have removed the tick from the box in the msnmsgr box after going to :start,run, msconfig startup and clicking apply. Every time I reboot the tick has reappeared and the messenger window opens. How can I stop this hapenning please. I did not have this problem with the old messenger.

SANTOS7 20:28 04 Dec 06

click here
this may help,good luck..

brundle 20:30 04 Dec 06

You need to disable auto-start in Messenger itself -
go to Tools/Options/General , untick `Automatically Run Windows Messenger when I log on`. Best to check a program's own config options before resorting to MSConfig

Meshuga 20:38 04 Dec 06

SANTOS7, thank you. That appears to relate to win messenger and the new Win live messenger is very different so I don`t know if that applies. I will look into that further before trying it. Thanks anyway.

Meshuga 20:44 04 Dec 06

brundle, many thanks, have done that and will see what happens when I boot up again. Can`t do it at the moment as I have something going but will post back when I try it.

Meshuga 21:01 04 Dec 06

Hi brundle,your suggestion was spot on, its worked. Grateful thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…