windows live messenger

pat2068 00:53 14 Feb 08

could anyone please tell me how to remove windows live messenger completely has the one i have keeps disconecting i have removing it from add and remove but when i instal it again i have the same problem thanks leo

birdface 09:09 14 Feb 08

Once removed from add remove run C Cleaner.Then try installing again.click here

pat2068 19:16 14 Feb 08

i have already done that and it dident work it saying my host file is the problem but i only windows hosts thank leo

pat2068 20:15 14 Feb 08

bump

GBL 20:56 14 Feb 08

ages ago I downloaded a little program that removes messenger from the system in a couple of seconds flat. If you want it send me your email and I will forward it to you as I can't remember where I got it from, I think it was Computer Active.

GBL 20:57 14 Feb 08

ages ago I downloaded a little program that removes messenger from the system in a couple of seconds flat. If you want it send me your email and I will forward it to you as I can't remember where I got it from, I think it was Computer Active.

GBL 20:58 14 Feb 08

xpmerssgo-remove messenger, is the program.

pat2068 23:16 14 Feb 08

please can someone help me remove this so i can get it inatalled properly thanks leo

brundle 00:16 15 Feb 08

Geoffy

You're referring to Windows Messenger 4.7 or 5.1, not quite the same thing as MSN Messenger/Live Messenger. click here

Leo;
"i have removing it from add and remove but when i instal it again"
Your problem is not being unable to remove Messenger properly (I assume you mean you removed it /with/ Add/Remove Programs), the issue is with the connection. Check MTU size, firewall settings, anti-virus Instant Messenger monitoring for a start. Do you get an error number? Are you running Vista, it has a TCP auto-tuning feature that can sometimes prevent messenger working.

Try meebo click here and see if the connection problems persist.

pat2068 00:21 15 Feb 08

it is windows live messenger i can log on to it but the minute i try to type or anyone tries to type to me my windows live messenger logs off it can do it all night so i cant use it for any thing when i use the the message i get is my hosts files have a messenger hosts file is causing the problem i have tried deleting it but when it logs you on again iithe host file reappears it is driving me daft leo

brundle 00:25 15 Feb 08

Is it the same thing described in this similar post?

click here

Have you run the troubleshooter?
Tools/Options/Connection Troubleshooter

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…